Business Unit Summary
This role is apart of the Motion Graphic Designer team within HSN's Creative Department supporting high volume of still graphics suppoting our live TV broadcast.
A Day in the Life
* Using our HSN brand standards for look and feel, create still and animated support to be primarily used on the HSN broadcast.
* Works with the Television Systems Support Services team that supports the HSN live broadcast and other media initiatives.
* Work collaboratively with various creative leaders of other teams to maintain continuity across the various media platforms of the company
* Design still graphics for use in promotions, product support videos, corporate video presentations, informational sales graphics and other projects.
* Produces still store support such as Before/After images, IPS pages, photos and magazines, images, charts, diagrams, etc, using Adobe Photoshop.
* Design needed elements to support company initiatives such as events and themed shows, Credit Card projects, Partnership Marketing projects to support partnerships such as Disney, DreamWorks, FOX, Aetna, Ford as well as Live Show execution.
* Produce basic animations using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects. Apple Final Cut and/or Apple Motion.
* Prepares graphic elements with correct specifications for the appropriate play-out system.
* Prepare presentations for events, company initiatives, redesign ideas, concepts and more.
* Must clearly communicate details and use of support elements to correct parties such as Supervising Producers, Television Live Show, Credit Card Managers, Partnership Marketing Managers, Creative Team, Post Production, etc.
* Must be able to maintain efficient and effective productivity in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
* Maintain a working knowledge of UMO, Telescope, HSN Images and other systems used to process and complete elements.
* When necessary due to PTO and increases in workload, monitor UMO, evaluate and assign incoming requests that need to be completed.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you areAgile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate,Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
* To be considered, you must provide a link to your demo reel demonstrating your experience in still graphics
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Design, Broadcasting, or equivalent professional experience
* Strong design and typographic skills
* Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
* Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Apple Motion, or animation software
* Proficient in Microsoft Windows OS, MAC OS and Microsoft Office.
* Must be able to work independently or within a team
* Strong attention to detail, accuracy is a must
* Strong communication skills verbally and in writing
* Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
* Demonstrates the desire to learn
* Physical Requirements: Ability to sit for extended periods of time and ability to work on computer for full shift
* Schedule can be either: Monday – Friday Typically 6a-2:30p or 11a-7p with ability to work overtime as needed
* Ability to work as needed, including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
Candidates will beconsidered in totality of their skills and experience versus strictinterpretation of must haves.
Nice to Haves
* Proficient in Apple's iLIfe iDVD software
* Chyron Lyric graphic display / animation software
* Apple Final Cut Pro editing software
* Knowledge of basic technical aspects of Broadcasting
HSN's unique blend ofRetail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind workingenvironment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program includinghealth and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, andmore. We encourage growth and development across the company. Mostimportantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter andLinkedIn.
To learn more,visit ****
About HSN, Inc.
HSN,Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering acurated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers.HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry expertsto provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers findexceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle,Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website —HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications includeHSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN,Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly ownedsubsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands(collectively, Qurate Retail Group), as well as other minority investments.Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactionalecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in videocommerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in theU.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit****For more information, please visitcorporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands –QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road andImprovements (collectively, Qurate Retail Group) – all dedicated to providinga 'third way to shop,' beyond transactional ecommerce or traditionalbrick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce,reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networksand multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, andin-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobilecommerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILGand FTD as well as various green energy investments.