AIR (The American Institutes for Research)
Job Location US-DC-Washington
Job ID 10226
Job Location United States
Overview: The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the leading Behavioral and social science
research organizations in the world. The AIR Facilities Management (FM) Unit provides its clients with all facets
of facilities management support in a collaborative, team and customer-oriented environment. Our staff is
constantly motivated and challenged by these goals and we provide a high level of client-oriented service in a
fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Position Summary: AIR is currently seeking a Facilities Associate to join the FM Unit at our Thomas Jefferson
Street locations in Washington, DC. The Facilities Associate reports to the Senior Facilities Manager in the
Facilities Department. This position will provide professional, courteous and timely service to all AIR staff and
their guests in order to provide the best working conditions possible on a daily basis. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain assigned floors to a Class A Standard by conducting walkthroughs, issuing tickets along with
follow up for completion, utilizing leave behind cards and ensuring that staff needs are being addressed
in a timely manner by FM, Property Management and Vendors.
- Provide support in the areas of requisition requests, invoice reconciliation, vendor oversight and other
duties related to the appearance, functionality and life/safety readiness of AIR offices in Georgetown.
- Parking Program: Provide all administrative duties associated with staff parking program to include
vendor oversight of both physical parking garage in 1000TJ along with parking applications, IWMS
updates, activate/deactivate parking stickers and invoice reconciliation.
- Provide back up as scheduled by FM and Senior FM to Facilities Help Desk and Reception. This includes
daily scheduled coverage and ad hoc coverage, following FM processes and procedures while manning
phones, greeting guests and addressing walk up customers.
- Provide coordination with vendors for work ticket requests, special price quotes and supervision on
project work. Supervise Janitorial vendor in secure areas of buildings.
- IWMS: Utilize Footprints as Facilities exclusive O & M communications tool, ensure data integrity
through floor walks, reporting and weekly meetings with Managers and Systems Administrator. Track
all work according to standard process and procedure and to meet tracking, reporting and service level
goals. Utilize FM Interact for staff and space updates to include floorplans utilizing AutoCAD, move
records, ergonomic assessment information and benefit records. For both IWMS systems, review
service requests, complete work, log, track and perform data entry tasks in a timely and accurate
- Schedule and perform ergonomic assessments for staff and explain ergonomic options. Coordinate
approved medical assessments with vendor. Obtain quotes, produce requisitions, provide vendor
oversight and supervisor vendor work in order to obtain equipment and furniture to meet ergonomic
- Provide dispatching support as scheduled by FM or Senior FM. Utilize FM Interact and Event
Management Systems Software as instructed.
- Invoice and PD Management: Process all invoice payments within one calendar week of receipt from
vendors, contractors or accounts payable. Utilize weekly and monthly reports to ensure all P0 funding is
in place for current and expected yearly expenses and make recommendations for adjustments as
required. Follow up with all vendors/contractors monthly to ensure the timely submission of invoices.
- Other Facilities related duties as may be assigned to meet the needs of the workplace.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, FM Credentials (e.g. certificate of FM or FMP). Bachelors
Degree in FM or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with direct facility services experience in a corporate environment is
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to speak, read and write English
sufficient to communicate effectively with a highly educated workforce
Ability to operate a desk top computer or tablet computer and job related software (MS Outlook MS
Word, MS Excel) Proficiency in AutoCAD and IWMS software preferred
- Ability to individually lift 60 lbs required
- Keen attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as work independently with limited or no direct
supervision within tight established deadlines is essential
- Flexible and willing to learn and implement new systems, processes and procedures.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
AIR (The American Institutes for Research)