Sr CADD Technician (Structures)
Job LocationUS-PA-PhiladelphiaJob ID0118-17575
HNTB Job TitleSr Technician
Position TypeRegular Full-Time
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, were encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, What if? Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, together can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB together also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And together means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. Together means that we are engaged in the communities we serve - we live there - and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a Sr CADD Technician (Structures) in our Philadelphia, PA office location.
Works with professional staff in scheduling work and assigning support staff to their projects. Responsible for the training and development of staff. Assists engineer in outlining objectives, requirements and design approaches. Proficient in CADD design software such as GIS, 3D, Highway or Railroad design, Building design and Graphic Imaging.
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of drawings, compatibility of work across disciplines and for checking detail and quantity calculations. Calculates design data, prepares layouts, detailed specifications, estimates, reports, etc.
- Assists in preparing engineering studies and evaluations involved in the development of projects from initial concept to the design stage, with the assistance from the project engineer/architect.
- Attends project and pre-construction meetings and provides input to ensure proper policies, procedures, and specifications are followed.
- Performs general administrative assistance by maintaining complex project plans. May develop documentation, budget figures, staffing needs and training plans, goals and accomplishments for project management reports; monitors accomplishments as related to targeted goals.
- Makes recommendations regarding process improvement for project delivery at the office level.
- Ability to work effectively and participate in working relationships with clients and sub-contractors.
- Provides training and mentoring of less experienced technicians. May assist in coordinating work efforts and reviewing work performed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate of Science or Technical School
8 years related experience
In lieu of education, 10 years related experience
Proficient in the terminology and symbols used in survey notes, plans, shop drawings, aerial photographs, and maps related to a specific Engineering sub-type
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required
- Proficiency in MicroStation highly desired
- Structural Detailing experience (structures or bridges) is highly desired
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.hntb.com