• The Certification Engineer obtains the necessary data approvals by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) appointed persons or equivalent agency to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory requirements for Supplemental Type Certificates (STC)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as liaison between the Company, the customer, DER's, Military certification authorities, and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to maintain compliance with applicable regulations and policy for airworthiness and type certification.
• Coordinate all certification activities with all applicable branches of the FAA and military. (ACO, MCO, MIDO, etc…)
• Generate and coordinate generation of reports to support certification activities such as Project Specific Certification Plans, Test Reports, etc. Coordinate and submit all type design data, analysis, plans and reports to the FAA and military authorities.
• Show compliance with the applicable FAR regulations per the agreed upon PSCP for each project.
• Obtain FAA approval as required and confer and/or correspond with FAA to keep company management aware of status of projects for approval with FAA
• Drive the accomplishment of corporate, factory, departmental and team goals
• Review and check designs for compliance to internal, customer and regulatory requirements and standards
• Follow and help improve CarlisleIT processes
• Directly support project activities by participating in design reviews, coordination with the FAA and/or any other foreign authorities
• Develop supplemental documents, technical materials, and reports
• Provide support to other engineering personnel and design staff
• Provide technical support to customers and internal personnel
• Use product requirements and standards as a part of design process
• Perform additional engineering and project duties as assigned
• Travel as required to support CarlisleIT business activities
• Provide status reports to the Certification Engineering, Manager
• Prepare engineering cost estimates in support of sales and quoting proposals
Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of 5 years experience in the aerospace industry with FAA regulations, procedures and the STC process.
Knowledge of local and foreign Aviation Regulations (FAA, EASA, etc)
Must possess knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and proper applications in design.
Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and be able to work under pressure and with a minimum level of supervision.
Competent in the use of MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary for the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Website : http://www.tensolite.com