DRS Technologies, Inc.
Job Title:Electrical Engineer II
Description: *DRS Technologies*
*DRS Technologies*is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website atwww.drs.com.
*DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS)*a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Bridgeport/Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 900 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
*Job Location: *Milwaukee, WI
Involved with the design, development, modification and analysis of Power Engineering and/or Power Electronic Engineering systems with an emphasis on power distribution. Produces and updates design documents. Analyzes and selects components and design approaches. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions in existing systems and makes recommendations. Compiles and evaluates design and test data.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of moderately-complex products, systems or subsystems
* Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
* Development of control algorithms, including firmware development and hardware design
* Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
* Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
* Recommend supplier components, subsystems and services
* Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
* Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
* Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
* Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
* Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and experience
* 3 years of detailed design experience, including component selection for power distribution applications, power control/coordination schemes, and/or large-frame circuit breakers
* Strong verbal and written communication skills to aid interactions within Electrical Engineering, other internal departments and external customers
* Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to ensure multiple assignments are completed properly and on time
* Able to effectively multi-task and handle changing work assignments, schedules, and priorities
* Extensive PC skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Windows, etc.
* Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment
*Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge*
* Experience with large-frame circuit breakers or knowledge of power control/coordination schemes
* Experience in programing protective devices is a plus
* Experience with AutoCAD Electrical, OrCAD, or promis-e
* Experience developing military products and familiarity with military specifications.
* Bid & Proposal experience
* Capable of up to 10% travel, including air
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
/Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment. #JS #MCSS/
Company:DRS Technologies, Inc.
Milwaukee, WI, 53208, USA
DRS Technologies, Inc.
DRS Technologies, Inc.
Website : http://www.drs.com
Warfighters’ lives don’t depend on the best defense company. They depend on the company that provides them with the best solutions. Supports the most impactful causes. Grows under the most genuine leadership. And uses these values to deliver unyielding support to a growing commercial audience.