Zunum Aero is seeking an aerospace Fan Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in new product introduction from concept to FAA certification. The applicant will be working in a fast-paced environment and developing a ducted fan, driven by an electric motor, that will be integrated into our recently announced 9-12 passenger market-entry aircraft. Responsibilities will be to plan and execute product development that support demonstrator test articles and certification testing for a ducted fan.
Zunum Aero is an industry leader in hybrid-electric propulsion for aircraft; this position is a unique opportunity to work with a dynamic team of dedicated engineers on the next generation of aircraft propulsion. Zunum offers competitive salary and benefits and is located in beautiful Bothell, Washington
Roles and responsibilities:
* Support product development for the FAA means of compliance certification strategy
* Plan and execute the design, analysis, manufacture, and testing to meet product requirements
* Support risk analysis and mitigation planning for product development
* Collaborate with other disciplines to produce a mechanically sound design
* Be highly detail oriented and able to effectively manage their time to complete projects in a timely manner.
* Prepare reports and presentations as needed to document and communicate work
* Minimum 5 years with a B.S. in aerospace or mechanical engineering having experience in ducted fan component design, analysis, and testing
* Experience in preliminary design trade studies for weight, cost, performance, and maintenance
* Experience in product introduction and lifecycle management concepts
* Proficient in CAD using NX or equivalent and Ansys for finite element analysis
* Experience in design, supplier selection and qualification, methods of manufacture, and testing of metallic and composite structures for component development
* Strong written and spoken communication skills
Zunum offers competitive salary and benefits and is located in beautiful Bothell, Washington.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?