Generally responsible for performing all aspects for complete design of complex mechanical/piping assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods. Work at this level requires extensive progressive experience in mechanical/piping design, involves applying advanced design techniques and analysis and a willingness to lead a design effort. This work will be performed under general supervision.
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Familiarity with and utilizing department design and drafting standards.
• Familiarity with project scope, specifications and design criteria upon assignment to a project task team.• Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly.
• Developing the design and drafting of complex piping drawings given basic information such as P&ID's, GA's, piping specifications, equipment drawings, etc.
• Performing field design work to ascertain current conditions, locate new systems, communicate with client personnel and assist in construction.
• Ability to perform survey/measurement tasks for existing equipment and piping.
• Preparing material take-offs from piping sketches for construction estimates.
• Planning and managing your site design activities for optimum results.
• On-site assistance during startup.• Preparing man-hour estimates for your activities.
• Providing technical guidance to less experienced drafting personnel in the department.
• Coordinating work activities with other staff members and the discipline lead.
• Producing mechanical/piping installation specifications with engineering review and approval.
• Complete understanding of the skills and experience required to perform design functions
• Associate degree in Engineering Technology or Computer-Aided Drafting.
• Position requires 8 to 15 years of relevant industrial experience in mechanical/piping drafting and design.
• Knowledge and application of piping materials.
• Design of moderately complex process and utility piping systems, especially those systems unique to the industry being served.
• Knowledge and application of piping supports and restraints.
• Flexibility analysis of piping system.
• Knowledge of manual valve sizing, use and application.
• Knowledge of good design practices for sizing all piping systems.Coordination of the need, application, and specification of steam traps and liquid drainers.
• Identification of need and application of safety valves and devices to maintain the mechanical integrity of piping systems.
• Selection/coordination of piping specialty items given the design criteria.
• Drafting of P&ID's and GA's.
• Provide review of vendor equipment and in-line instruments from a piping perspective.
• Familiarity with specifications (ASTM, ASME, ANSI, etc.) and installation details of construction bulk materials and equipment.
• Ability to create accurate mechanical/piping installation documents from the information found on vendor equipment drawings.
• Knowledge and understanding of work flow/information flow between disciplines.
• Knowledge and understanding of schedule and budget constraints and information requirements for the production of all mechanical/piping deliverables.
• Ability to accurately estimate completion of assigned tasks.
• Ability to develop a construction cost estimate, a detailed engineering schedule and a man-hour budget for a small project or an area for a larger project.
• Knowledge and application of company engineering design and CAD drafting standards.
• Ability to lead a small team to deliver on commitments.
• Ability to deliver convincing presentations of Hargrove Engineers Constructors services.
• Working knowledge of 2D and/or 3D draft software (i.e. Plantspace, Cadworx, Autoplant, PDS, PDMS).
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Good presentation skills.
• Knowledge of industry standard checking procedures and ability to check small projects.
• Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to climb ladders or perform duties utilizing a safety harness.
• Ability to perform duties within confined spaces for extended periods of time.
• Ability to perform duties while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a fire-retardant jumpsuit, safety glasses, ear plugs and/or hard hat.
• Ability to lift and carry in excess of 10 lbs.Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Hargrove Engineers + Constructors
Website : http://web.hargrove-epc.com/