Job Location: Kiewit Corporation, Lenexa, KS, 66219, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Structural Drafting Intern Ki...
| Jobs In Structural Dra...
| Jobs In Structura...
**Date:** Feb 8, 2018
**Location:** Lenexa, KS, US
**Requisition ID: 71567**
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
**How We’re Different**
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
**Structural Drafting Intern**
Applies engineering drafting principles and procedures in performing basic engineering drafting work. Develops drawings and models with information provided by engineers and designers. Requires close guidance and direction. This position coordinates with other design group team members to review and exchange project information necessary for design and development. Performs specific design functions for the project as assigned. Utilizes Operations Quality Assurance Manual, Operations Drafting/Design Standards Manual and Department quality standards and procedures.
• Utilizes Section 7.4, Design and Development of the Operations Quality Assurance Manual on all projects.
• Utilizes the Operations Drafting/Design Standards Manual with each task or assignment.
• Utilizes each applicable document of the Department Quality Standards and Procedures to implement each task or assignment.
• Utilizes Section 7, Design and Design Verification Procedures, of the Project Procedures Manual
• Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Designer as required. Informs Manager and/or Lead Designer of project decisions that differ from Kiewit standards.
• Learns applicable engineering national and local codes.
• Participates in meetings as required: i.e., Weekly Project Meetings.
• Assists in job-related activities with project team members.
• Checks design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
• Develops 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills.
• Develops the capability of checking and navigating in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
• Creates plan drawings and details.
• Creates Plot Plans and General Arrangement drawings.
• Files the master sets/originals, superseded drawings and originals as required in a timely manner.
• Completes as-builts by utilizing RFIs, ECNs and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
• Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
• Creates guidelines, checklists or other applicable knowledge-based documents as assigned.
• Provides lessons learned throughout the project by utilizing the Lessons Learned Database.
• Gathers information needed to develop drawings.
• Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand the comments made.
• The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and in written form.
Must be able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
Demonstrated ability to interpret multi-discipline engineering and vendor documents.
Must be able to represent Kiewit Engineering and Design in a professional manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit Engineering and Design organization.
• Must be capable of utilizing a computer-aided drafting program (MicroStation, AutoCAD, GeoPak, NavisWorks), and have a basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
• Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests. Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases.
**EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE**
• Pursuing Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Aided Design & Drafting Technology or related field.
May serve as a field designer to support the project by performing field measurements, assisting construction personnel in reviewing structural drawings and field construction personnel in reviewing structural drawings and field construction, researching Kiewit Power Engineers drawings and other information, vendor drawings and O&M manuals, coordinating with Kiewit Power Engineers office staff, and responding to contractor RFIs.
_Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
**Nearest Major Market:** Overland Park
**Nearest Secondary Market:** Kansas City
**Job Segment:** Drafting, Intern, Construction, Engineer, Database, Engineering, Entry Level, Technology
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."