We are seeking a Design Drafter III for a very important client.
Company’s CRHF - Therapy Delivery Systems Mounds View location is looking for a Design Drafter IV that will accept the challenge of learning and developing multiple disciplines in a flexible environment. Company is intensely focused on creating a workplace environment which reflects our standing as the world’s top medical device company. The person that takes this role will be expected to play an active role in development of leads, delivery systems and ablation catheters. We are looking for an individual who will drive our business, innovation and talent demands of the future.
As a Design Drafter IV, you will apply Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) software, design/engineering methods and techniques in the design of components, assemblies and test fixtures. Develop solid models to capture design intent and for computational analysis to enable 1st pass success. Stay current on technology advancements in CAE which includes application software, materials and manufacturing processes.
Day in the Life:
- Solid modeling of objects (component, assemblies, test fixtures) to capture design intent
- Provide services to enable proper data management
- Partner with engineering to improve the product delivery process and outcomes (Identify opportunities, investigate solutions and implement change)
- Partner with design teams to deliver designs that are within manufacturing capability and with a predicated high yield.
- Work directly with engineers on design iterations and adherence to Company best practices
- Apply “Top Down” mechanical modeling techniques to designs
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Must Have – Minimum Requirements
- HS Diploma or GED
- Practical experience applying SolidWorks to mechanical designs
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
Nice to Have
- Associate (2 year) Mechanical Design Technical degree with 10 years of design experience
- Deep knowledge and practical experience applying SolidWorks
- Skilled in day to day usage of PDM Pro to manage SolidWorks model/drawing data
- Practical experience in applying CAE in DOE’s and tolerance studies in SolidWorks
- Perform computational analysis as a service to engineering and production
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills, good communication and presentation
- Identify opportunities in the design environments which target increasing productivity, product manufacturability and yield.
- Develop design environment standard work and best practices and drive implementation internally and with suppliers
How to Apply:
If this position is a fit, simply click on the recruiter's email above, attach your resume, and hit send.
If this position isn't quite right, click here
to let us know what you are looking for and our recruiters will get to work finding something that is a better match.