Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
Stanley Black & Decker is seeking a creative, organized, and motivated Associate Graphic Designer to join our in-house Global Customer Experience Graphics team. The candidate should have a track record of creating engaging content, have a keen eye for design, and the ability to manage projects from concept through to production. This individual should have a firm understanding of the creative process.
The primary focus of this position is to design and execute print & digital graphics to support creative campaigns for high-end brands. The right candidate will be a self-starter able to take the initiative and manage their projects, working with other Designers, Team Leads, and Brand Strategists to achieve the best possible results.
* Exceptional design skills
* Ability to collaborate with a fast-paced team
* Exceptional time management & communication skills
* Proficient in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) with Photoshop compositing skills
* Creation and execution of packaging and merchandising designs to brand guidelines (including mock ups, preparation of files, etc.)
* Utilize typography, photography, and other elements to create cohesive and branded assets across all properties
Education and Technical Requirements:
* 4-year graphic design degree
* 2 years work experience as a graphic designer
* Proficiency in all applicable software (Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office)
* Experience managing and tracking tasks in project management software a plus
* Portfolio with relevant work experience and examples required
* Courage & Innovation Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
* Agility & Performance Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes.Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
* Inclusivity & Collaboration Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
* Integrity & Accountability Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
When you trace it all the way back, it comes down to three individuals: Frederick Stanley, Duncan Black, and Alonzo Decker. Three passionate individuals who built powerful companies that they were so proud of they put their names on them. Hundreds of years later, we’re proud to continue their legacies and we’re proud to carry their names forward. In 1843, Frederick Stanley started a small shop in New Britain, Connecticut, to manufacture bolts, hinges, and other hardware from wrought iron. With superior quality, consistent innovation, and rigorous operational improvement, Stanley’s company defined excellence, and so did his products. In 1910, S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker started their shop, similar in size at first, in Baltimore, Maryland. Six years later they changed the world by obtaining the world’s first patent for a portable power tool, and the company they built has been changing the world ever since. Both companies grew in parallel over the ensuing decades, amassing an unparalleled family of brands and products and an even more impressive wealth of industry expertise. In 2010, the two companies combined to form Stanley Black & Decker, to deliver the tools and solutions that industrial companies, professionals, and consumers count on to be successful when it really matters. Just as it was in 1843, our passion for excellence is seen around the world in our disciplined operations, purposeful business growth, and loyal customer relationships.