Entry Level Civil Drafter - Kiewit Power Engineers
Jan 10, 2018
Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 71571
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Entry Level Civil Drafter- Kiewit Engineering & Design
• Assist with 3D modeling, ensuring correct reference files are attached and model reference directory is up to date; develop 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills.
• Coordinate with project team by utilizing the Project Database; report project progression updates and or issues to Lead Designer as required.
• Assist in the review of designs for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
• Help create guidelines, checklists or other applicable knowledge base documents as assigned.
• Collaborate with team members in design and drafting techniques to challenge abilities; provide constructive feedback to aid in employee development.
• Collaborate with various discipline and subsidiary groups to provide expertise and support business needs.
• Assist in completion of as-builts by utilizing RFIs, ECNs and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
• Participate in project and layout meetings; coordinate and assist in activities of project team members.
• Proficient in utilizing a Computer-Aided Drafting program such as MicroStation, GeoPak, InRoads, Navis Works, AutoCad or AutoCad Civil 3D
• Basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems, spreadsheets, and databases
• Ability to effectively communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests
• Associate’s degree in drafting technology and one-two years’ of civil design experience or a related field; or completion of a vocational training program in drafting and one-two years of civil design experience or a related field; or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one-two years’ of civil design experience
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Drafting, Civil Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."