The Marketing and Communications department in the College of Engineering is responsible for a wide range of internal and external communications and marketing efforts for brand identity, reputation management, promotion and general communications across a wide range of audiences and stakeholders, such as faculty, staff, alumni, students, prospective students and parents, and government, academic and industry partners and peers.
The Graphic Design and Video Production Coordinator will assist in the designing and updating of a variety of primarily print collateral as well as digital communications, and coordinating the production of marketing materials using internal and external sources to promote the college to key audiences including students, alumni, prospective students, and peer influencers. These materials include department flyers, promotional materials, an annual magazine, six scholarship reports, postcards, advertisements, and other print pieces throughout the year. The position will also assist in the design, update, and production of internal communications and collateral such as but not limited to presentations, Web graphics, e-newsletters, and event signage and materials.
The position will coordinate and take portraits of faculty and staff, as well as take action/creative photos of students, faculty and staff on the Boston campus and local satellite campus and other locations for web and print media. Photography will also include some events coverage which may include occasional evening and weekend event coverage.
The Graphic Design and Video Production Coordinator is also responsible for the filming and editing of a variety of videos to tell the College of Engineering’s story with video direction managed by a member of the Marketing and Communications team or designee. Videos range from but are not limited to student and faculty spotlights, executive messages, function and department overviews, research highlights, alumni stories, academic program highlights, and short videos for social media and blogs. The position includes the video filming and photography of occasional major events that could take place in the evening or weekend.
In addition to being adept at design and the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere, as well as in the use of digital photography, and video lighting, filming and sound equipment, the position requires strong communication skills with an emphasis on collaboration within the marketing and communications team, and with other faculty and staff members. Attention to detail, solid time management, and organization skills are required. The candidate will have the ability to multitask, work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, and work both as part of a team and independently. Good grammar skills are preferred, and additional multimedia skills such as animation and podcast production are a plus.
Provide the minimum education, experience, and skills required to perform the job successfully.
• Bachelor’s degree required in graphic design, video production, multi-media, or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of graphic design experience including experience with print collateral production.
• Minimum of 1 year of video production and editing experience.
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere
• Portfolio required.
• Ability to work some nights and weekends occasionally as needed for major event coverage
• Team oriented, professional, collaborative, organized, strong attention to detail, and good communications skills
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with changing priorities.
• Marketing/communications background a plus.
• Good grammar skills are preferred, and additional multimedia skills such as animation and podcast production are a plus.
Documents Needed to Apply