The BW Leadership Institute exists to illuminate potential and ignite
human connection. We help organizations create environments where
people think of others first. Where the business and culture exist not
in balance as opposing forces, but in harmony with one feeding the
other. We are not a group of consultants. We are a team of
consultants with extensive leadership experience from business,
industry, military, and non-profit roles who are inspired to
transfer the learnings of building culture and a thriving business
from Barry-Wehmiller, our parent company, to clients. We are all
committed to building a better world through business. The leadership
development and continuous improvement work we do is all rooted in the
proven and practical work we do within Barry-Wehmiller. Our clients
include the world s largest airline, an NFL team, transitioning US
Navy SEALS, private, public and non-profit organizations.
Do you imagine a society in which people care about each other first?
Do you believe that business can serve a higher purpose than the
Do you want to steer the narrative on how we live and relate to one
Do you believe the journey alone is worth the effort?
If so we might want to meet you.
We are a leadership and business consulting group (under the umbrella
of a large private organization), looking for an expert communicator
that s able to build materials to support our existing and future
catalog of coursework.
The job entails:
* Partnering with subject matter experts to translate ideas into
experiences, develop learning objectives, and determine the proper
modality for optimum learning and deployment (in-person, online,
* Custom design and execution of presentations and course materials
* Activity Descriptions
* Facilitator Notes
SO WHAT ARE WE REALLY LOOKING FOR?
* You work in PowerPoint like Picasso worked in oils.
* You can convert a paragraph of text into a single image, graphic
or one sentence.
* You understand everyone learns differently and can build an
experience that caters to all.
* You know what the word for adult learning is, and can think beyond
* You would have loved college lectures, except they were all
* Speed. Rome wasn t built in a day, but a slideshow shouldn t
take a week.
* You can spot all 32 grammer errors in this job description.
* An eye for design: If you see another picture of stacked rocks on
a beach it will drive you insane.
* You re up to speed on the best online technology platforms and
have an opinion on what works and what doesn t.
ATTRIBUTES: Before you read further, are you aware of your strengths
and limitations? Good. Because we re going to ask. Here s what we
are looking for:
* Optimism: It s the bottom of the 6th. Your team is down 0 to 6.
You stay for the whole game.
* Drives Results: You meet expectations. And then exceed them.
* Effective Communication: You think Ikea directions are too wordy.
* Detail Orientation: You re not proud of it, but you even
question whether the PowerPoint ruler is accurate.
* Courage: You show-up, tell the truth, and aren t worried about
* Adaptability: You give up pride of authorship for the opportunity
* Collaboration: Introvert or extrovert, you know the design process
is messy, but the best product comes from diverse viewpoints.
* Time-Management: You have the capacity to successfully manage
multiple projects simultaneously.
Ideal Creative & Technical Qualifications:
* Bachelors Degree in marketing, graphic design, instructional
design, visual communications, or equivalent experience.
* Strong Graphic Design skills in Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design,
Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver) or other similar professional
graphic design tools portrayed in your portfolio.
* Possess understanding of branding, layout, color theory, and
typography in digital and print media.
* Previously translated and developed new artistic concepts into
effective and entertaining visual mediums.
* Able to successfully interpret creative direction and adapt points
from creative briefs into copy concepts and present underlying
strategic thinking behind them.
* Must be able to demonstrate creative experience through portfolio
of work samples.
* Experience designing and developing experiential eLearning
simulations, learning solutions based on gamification principles,
and innovative delivery strategies.
* Previously used digital learning technologies and software to
design and deliver content (Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate,
* Knowledge of Instructional Design Methodology (ADDIE).
* Previously created leadership development programs; including
* Designed instructional materials, effective delivery methods,
technical documentation and information architecture.
* Previous experience within a marketing department or advertising
If you are right for this job: You think at the speed of conversation
and can immediately contribute. You have an ability to add value in
any circumstance and yet humble enough to learn from any person or
situation. You are insatiably curious about people and prefer to
* St. Louis Based
Full-time or part-time
Creative Digital Portfolio required with application for
Come join us at the BW Leadership Institute! Apply today!
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?