The design drafter prepares detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work directly with design engineers to produce drawings from sketches, existing drawings and electronic images.
2. Calculate tolerance stack-ups to verify design fit-up.
3. Design parts based on written and verbal descriptions from design engineers.
4. Work closely with all departments in the plant to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
5. Work from customer drawings, company drawings, government drawings or specifications.
6. Use the DOD drawing standards as guidelines.
7. Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Degree from a recognized CAD Training Facility
Min. 5 years Experience in drawing/Designing
Understanding of Solidworks and CAD