Senior Mechanical Engineer, Employment | AIA-DC
Jump to navigation
Search this site
- Explore DC Architecture
- Featured Events
- Design Lectures
- For Kids
- ArchitectureDC Magazine
- Find an Architect
- For Architects
- ARE Mentoring
- Awards Competitions
- Professional Continuing Education
- Job Center
- Renew AIA | DC Membership
- Rent Our Space
Fall Design Fte
DesignDC: From The Ground Up
August 24 to August 26
Main menu Subnav
Employers? Post Jobs and More
Job Seeker Sign In
Job Seekers Sign In
New Job Seeker? Sign Up
Your Saved Jobs
Your Job Alerts
Job Seekers, Welcome to AIA|DC Job Center
Your Job Alerts
Your Saved Jobs
Back to Search
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Please include your resume and up to two additional documents.
The application opened in a new tab.
July 9, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Serves as lead engineer for BKV Group on assigned projects by performing the following duties.
As a member of the Engineering discipline for BKV Group, this position represents the Engineering discipline in the current and future service development process and programs to serve the firms clients. Duties include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Meet with BKV Group clients to review owner engineering needs and prepare options for owner review and direction.
- Analyzes the design requirements, specifications, and performance requirements to determine the best and most appropriate designs to meet customer expectations, code requirements, and all life and safety considerations.
- Determines feasibility of designing new facility engineering systems or modifying existing systems considering cost, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical factors.
- Provides technical information concerning advantages and limitations which affect long range facility and space planning.
- Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with other personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of calculations and designs for engineering systems and detailed drawings.
- Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified designs.
- Provides leadership and work direction for Engineers in Training, Junior Engineers, and Designers working on assigned projects.
- Signs and seals engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects.
- Responsible for discipline budgets on assigned projects.
- Perform the necessary disciplinary work on assigned projects.
- Maintains appropriate records and files on assigned projects.
- Maintains a free flow of communications with the Partner-In-Charge and the Project Manager, as well as other Firm members relative to the activities on assigned projects.
- Responsible for the design process coordination of the engineering discipline with other discipline leaders.
- Responsible for the technical accuracy and completeness of the engineering documentation for assigned projects.
- Must have four years college or university degree; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional license required.
- 10 to 15 years related experience.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
- Must have ability to write reports and business correspondence. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About BKV Group
BKV Group is a national multi-discipline award-winning firm established in 1978 to provide integrated architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture and construction administration services to public and private clients. We engage clients, value clients objectives, and develop innovative design solutions to make meaningful contributions to the built environment. Our collaborative approach strives to support our mission of Enriching Lives and Strengthening Communities.
More Jobs from This Employer
BACK TO TOP
Help is on the way!
Were sorry you are having trouble applying for this job.
Please try loading this job using the following link before submitting your help request:
Please provide details:
Submit Help Request
2016 AIA Washington DC
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?