SR. GRAPHIC DESIGNER - WOMEN’S APPAREL
The Graphic Designer collaborates with the cross functional team to develop seasonal graphic design concepts that support the achievement of financial plans and the evolution of the brand. He/she creates innovative designs that are trend right and relevant to the customer within the parameters of the cross functional process.
• Lead the creative exploration of all women’s knits, woven and accessories graphics, new techniques and materials
• Design innovative graphics that are aligned with overall seasonal design direction
• Develop new typographic and layout solutions
• Partner with Design to create cohesive collections by season
• Proactively seek out opportunities to maximize the business and elevate the product.
• Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business to design and execute specific classifications.
• Develop strong working relationships with cross functional team members
Merchandising, Production and Design) through communication and problem solving.
• Manage deadlines in accordance with the corporate calendar.
• Adapt all approved layouts to various formats
• Prepare inspiration/trend boards using creative methods
• Prepare graphic boards for milestone meetings
• Maintain project libraries; compile all reference material together with program files
• Ability to innovate and think creatively
• Strong sketching skills
• Understanding of the youth market and Aero customer
• Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
• Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills
• High-level skills in Illustrator and Photoshop
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package that includes outstanding bonus potential, a casual work environment, a generous merchandise discount and realistic growth potential. Aéropostale is an equal opportunity employer, M/F.