CADD Technician III
Job LocationUS-ME-WestbrookJob ID1217-17468
HNTB Job TitleTechnician III
Position TypeRegular Full-Time
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, were encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, What if? Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, together can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB together also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And together means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. Together means that we are engaged in the communities we serve - we live there - and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a CADD Technician III in our Westbrook, ME office location.
Advanced Proficiency Level. Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting complete projects of varied scope. Assists engineer in outlining objectives, requirements and design approaches. Proficient in CADD and knowledgeable in design software such as GIS, 3D, Highway or Railroad design, Building design and Graphic Imaging. Responsible for gathering engineering data from a variety of sources.
- Responsible for the organization of all design/production related files.
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of drawings, compatibility of work across disciplines and for checking detail and quantity calculations.
- Assists the engineer in outlining objectives, requirements and design approaches.
- Attends project and pre-construction meetings and provides input to ensure proper policies, procedures, and specifications are followed. Prepares electronic files for use in meetings and facilitates their display.
- Calculates quantities and performs engineering related computations.
- Provides training and mentoring of less experienced technicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidate will assist engineers on highway design, bridge design, and other transportation projects
- Utilizes computer aided drafting, road design software and various other computer software packages to assist in the preparation of computer generated design plans by drafting and adding text to the design file and producing plan sheets.
- Performs simple, routine tasks under supervision or from detailed procedures
- Ability to accurately transfer information in numerical, written and sketched, or electronic format from sources such as legal descriptions, survey data, aerial photographs and computer files to final plans and maps.
- Ability to visualize and illustrate concept or design in 2 or 3 dimensions
Associate of Science or Technical School
6 years related experience
In lieu of education, 8 years related experience
- Proficient in the terminology and symbols used in survey notes, plans, shop drawings, aerial photographs, and maps related to a specific Engineering sub-type.
- Experience with either AutoCAD or MicroStation required
- MicroStation and InRoads experience preferred
- Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be willing to work collaboratively with engineering staff to meet client expectations
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.hntb.com