Entry Level Electrical Drafter - Kiewit Power Engineers
Jan 10, 2018
Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 71572
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Electrical Designers required.
• Utilize applicable engineering national and local codes.
• Develops 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills. Checks and navigates in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
• Creates plan drawings and details for electrical deliverables.
• Develops sketches to accompany other concept documentation.
• Develop schematics and one-line drawings from engineering sketches or markups.
• Maintain master drawing set with current revisions for the electrical and controls design drawings.
• File master sets/originals, superseded drawings and originals as required in a timely manner.
• Complete as-built by utilizing Request for Information (RFI) forms, Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
• Participates in project meetings as required.
• Checks design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
• Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand comments made.
• Routes electrical cables to generate a cable schedule.
• Model electrical components using vendor submittals and electrical designs.
• Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
• Must be able to represent Kiewit manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit organization.
• Associates or vocational degree in drafting technology or high school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three years’ of power plant design experience or related field experience preferred but not required.
• Experience utilizing 3D programs such as MicroStation, AutoCAD, Revit, AutoCAD MEP, or Navisworks and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
• Must be able to conceptualize in a 3D environment.
• Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests.
• Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PDF software.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Drafting, Construction, Electrical, Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."